Wet basements are a common problem for many homeowners, but did you know that a wet basement can be more than just an annoyance? The presence of water in your basement can affect the health of your family and put their health at risk. Fortunately, there are ways to protect your home from moisture damage and ensure that your family stays safe—and dry.
When water seeps into your basement, it can create serious structural problems for your home. But the real danger is when mold and mildew start to grow in the moist environment. Not only can this cause damage to walls, flooring, and furniture, but it can also have an adverse effect on the health of anyone living in the home.
Mold spores floating through the air can easily be breathed. This can lead to respiratory issues such as asthma or allergies and even long-term illnesses if left unchecked. Also, the standing water creates an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, which could cause everything from skin infections to gastrointestinal illness if ingested.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to keep moisture out of your basement for good. Standard Water Control offers a free, no obligation consultation and offers a basement waterproofing solution that’ll keep your family dry and safe from mold, mildew, and bacteria.
More Info: https://www.standardwater.com